Rest, Recharge, Rejuvenate and Renew with Cleansing Therapies
What does it mean to detox-cleanse the body?
Many ancient cultures practiced detoxification in the form of fasting and colon cleansing with herbs. Detoxification is about resting, cleansing and nourishing the body from the inside out. For an effective detox, the cleansing process must address all organ systems. This is done by replacing toxins with healthy, nutrient-enriched foods. Detoxifying can help protect you from disease and renew your ability to maintain optimum health.
How does detoxification work?
Detoxification, which means cleansing the blood, is the process of ridding unwanted toxins at a cellular level to correct imbalances in the body. The body has a total of seven channels of elimination; colon (large intestine), kidneys, skin, lungs and liver, including the blood and the lymphatic system. Colon cleansing is the first channel in the detoxification process. Cleansing the colon first with herbs and colon hydrotherapy clears a pathway for the rest of the organs to start detoxifying. A clogged colon must be cleared first before going through any deeper cleansing programs.
What detoxing approaches are there?
Some of the most effective methods of supporting the body in cleansing are: dietary changes, herbal cleansing programs, colon hydrotherapy, saunas/steam baths/skin brushing, nutrient supplementation and exercise.
Toxins that are stored in the body can eventually overwhelm the liver. The result of toxic overload is inflammation, leading to chronic auto-immune disease. Inflammation can occur anywhere in the body where toxins are present.
Do you experience any of these symptoms?
- Skin problems (acne, psoriasis, eczema)
- Back pain
- Body odour
- Bad breath
- Excess body weight
- Poor memory
- Allergies (to food and environment)
- Frequent illness (colds etc.)
- Lack of endurance and sex drive
- Reproductive and fertility issues
- Poor digestion
Benefits of Detoxification:
A detox is a kick-start to a healthy lifestyle, free from addictions to sugar, salt, high glycemic carbohydrates, alcohol, junk foods, nicotine and OTC medication.
How can a detox program support your body?
A detox program can help the body’s natural cleansing process by:
- Resting the organs through fasting
- Stimulating the liver to drive toxins from the body
- Promoting elimination through the intestines, kidneys and skin
- Improving circulation of the blood
- Refueling the body with healthy nutrients.
- Reduced stress levels
- Strengthen the body’s immune system functioning
- Release of free radicals and elimination of toxins
- Cleansing of mucous, congestion, fermentation and inflammation in the digestive tract
- Cleansing of the liver and digestive tract which allows proper absorption of nutrients to facilitate higher energy levels
Fasting is the oldest therapeutic treatment known to man. Hippocrates, the father of medicine, was a proponent of fasting as a means of achieving good health. Juice fasting is the quickest way to promote the body’s natural healing response. Juicing provides concentrated nutrients and antioxidants. A combination of fruit and vegetable juices are used in our cleansing therapy programme. Fruits are known detoxifiers and vegetables rebuild on a cellular level.
Fasting is not starvation. The body’s cleansing and healing forces are enhanced when you abstain from food. When the body is not burdened with the task of digesting and eliminating food, it can focus its energy on pulling out and flushing toxins from the body. Old and diseased cells are removed and new and healthy cells are grown to take their place. The body’s health and vitality is restored.
See our Juice therapy programs
How to choose the support program that will suit your requirements
- Do you need a plan designed to suit your dietary requirements?
- Do you need a short cleanse?
- Do you need a longer cleanse?
- Do you need a rest and to be fed delicious, fresh foods?