Massage therapy is the scientific manipulation of the soft tissues of the body for the purpose of normalizing those tissues and consists of manual techniques that include applying fixed or movable pressure, holding, and/or causing movement of or to the body. Generally, massage is known to affect the circulation of blood and the flow of blood and lymph, reduce muscular tension or flaccidity, affect the nervous system through stimulation or sedation, and enhance tissue healing. These effects provide a number of benefits:
- reduction of muscle tension and stiffness
- relief of stress and aide of relaxation
- improvement of the circulation of blood and movement of lymph
- enhancement in the health and nourishment of skin
- reduction in stress and an excellent stress management tool
Paula brings four years of experience into her practice and offers a therapeutic massage that blends Swedish massage with acupressure and connective tissue techniques. This is blended with sports massage, reflexology, lymphatic massage and cupping. She intentionally creates a massage that will suit your specific needs, all massages are “custom made” depending on her client’s requirements.