Rest & Digest Support Therapies
At Rest & Digest Wellness Haven, we believe that to assist the body in its healing process, the body must be in a calm, balanced and peaceful state. The therapies we offer are done under the care of trained therapists whose care and dedication to their profession is undertaken with care and love for what they do.
We offer the following therapies
- Detoxing – information & programmes
- Colonic Hydro Irrigation Therapy
- Therapeutic Massage
- Supportive Health Practices
Detox: Rest, Recharge, Rejuvenate and Renew with Cleansing Therapies
What does it mean to detox-cleanse the body?
Many ancient cultures practiced detoxification in the form of fasting and colon cleansing with herbs. Detoxification is about resting, cleansing and nourishing the body from the inside out. For an effective detox, the cleansing process must address all organ systems. This is done by replacing toxins with healthy, nutrient enriched foods. Detoxifying can help protect you from disease and renew your ability to maintain optimum health.
How does detoxification work?
Detoxification, which means cleansing the blood, is the process of ridding unwanted toxins at a cellular level to correct imbalances in the body. The body has a total of seven channels of elimination; colon (large intestine), kidneys, skin, lungs and liver, including the blood and the lymphatic system. Colon cleansing is the first channel in the detoxification process. Cleansing the colon first with herbs and colon hydrotherapy clears a pathway for the rest of the organs to start detoxifying. A clogged colon must be cleared first before going through any deeper cleansing programs.
What detoxing approaches are there?
Some of the most effective methods of supporting the body in cleansing are: dietary changes, herbal cleansing programs, colon hydrotherapy, saunas/steam baths/skin brushing, nutrient supplementation and exercise.
Toxins that are stored in the body can eventually overwhelm the liver. The result of toxic overload is inflammation, leading to chronic autoimmune disease. Inflammation can occur anywhere in the body where toxins are present.
Do you experience from any of these symptoms? Detoxing may have beneficial results!
- Skin problems (acne, psoriasis, eczema)
- Back pain
- Body odour
- Bad breath
- Excess body weight
- Poor memory
- Allergies (to food and environment)
- Frequent illness (colds etc.)
- Lack of endurance and sex drive
- Reproductive and fertility issues
- Poor digestion
Benefits of detoxification:
A detox is a kick-start to a healthy lifestyle, free from addictions to sugar, salt, high glycemic carbohydrates, alcohol, junk foods, nicotine and OTC medication
How can a detox program support your body?
A detox program can help the body’s natural cleansing process by:
- Resting the organs through fasting
- Stimulating the liver to drive toxins from the body
- Promoting elimination through the intestines, kidneys and skin
- Improving circulation of the blood
- Refueling the body with healthy nutrients.
- Reduced stress levels
- Strengthen the body’s immune system functioning
- Release of free radicals and elimination of toxins
- Cleansing of mucous, congestion, fermentation and inflammation in the digestive tract
- Cleansing of the liver and digestive tract which allows proper absorption of nutrients to facilitate higher energy levels
Fasting is the oldest therapeutic treatment known to man. Hippocrates, the father of medicine, was a proponent of fasting as a means of achieving good health. Juice fasting is the quickest way to promote the body’s natural healing response. Juicing, provides concentrated nutrients and antioxidants. A combination of fruit and vegetable juices are used in our cleansing therapy programme. Fruits are known detoxifiers and vegetables rebuild on a cellular level.
Fasting is not starvation. The body’s cleansing and healing forces are enhanced when you abstain from food. When the body is not burdened with the task of digesting and eliminating food, it can focus its energy on pulling out and flushing toxins from the body. Old and diseased cells are removed and new and healthy cells are grown to take their place. The body’s health and vitality is restored.
See our Juice therapy programmes
How to choose the support program that will suite your requirements
- Do you need a plan designed to suit your dietary requirements?
- Do you need a short cleanse
- Do you need a longer cleanse
- Do you need a rest and be fed delicious, fresh foods?
Below are some supportive options that will help you decide how we can support you. Choose your accommodation and add this price to your choice of package:
Rest and Digest Options – Option 1
Let us create a personalised cleansing program specifically for you to nourish and support you.
Costs will be worked out accordingly.
Rest and Digest Options – Option 2
A Weekend or Mid-Week 2 Night-Juice Cleanse ARRIVAL first day from 2.30pm DEPARTURE third day 12noon
This option allows you to reset your digestive fires with a nourishing cleanse both inside and outside your body. The energising and cleansing affects of the freshly juiced fruit and vegetables / Vegetable broths as well as the colon support and will have you body feeling both nurtured and energised.
Included in this package is the following:
- A one-on-one nutrition consultation which includes a quantum resonance magnetic analysis , with take-home personalised plan
- Urine/ oral acid/ alkaline tests/ blood pressure moniter
- 2 x Colon Hydrotherapy Cleanses
- 1 x Reflexology and Sound therapy (1 hour)
- Fresh juices, vegetable broths, herbal teas
- Fermented beverages detox support-(rebooting your digestive health naturally)
- Take Home digestive support kit of fermented beverages to assist you in transitioning from your cleanse- 750ml Sauerkraut/ 750ml Beet Kvass/ 500ml Kombucha Vinegar
- A manual with recipes and helpful ideas
COST R 2800.00 (excluding accommodation)
Rest and Digest Options – Option 3
Digestive Health – Reboot your Microbiome
Are you are feeling out of touch with your health and don’t know where to begin? Are you tired and need a rest but don’t have the energy to feed your body the food it requires? This package focuses on dietary needs.
The menu is based around in-season, fresh produce from the garden, living probiotics and superfoods (fermented foods and beverages) and whole foods.
Start the day with fermented tonics to reboot your internal flora and then followed by a breakfast super-green juice and smoothie.
Lunch and dinner are all freshly prepared meals with the emphasis on living foods and whole foods.
Let us put an in-season menu together that will accommodate you.
Please look at our therapy options that you can add in to your packages.
• No animal meats, chicken or fish
• Eggs and organic milk- including Kefir yogurt and Kefir cream cheese
• Mostly organic or sourced ‘clean’ foods- No GMO products
• Foods prepared in an environment that has nuts and seeds
• Grains are gluten free
• Pulses, beans and legumes are all prepared by soaking and then cooked
• Sprouts and micro-greens and most of the vegetables are grown in our Permaculture gardens and kitchen garden
• Fermented breads are made in our kitchen
• Sprout It provides the kitchen with an array of fermented foods and beverages
• Eggs are provided from our chickens
Colonic Irrigation Therapy
What is Colon Hydrotherapy?
Colon hydrotherapy is the gentle rinsing of the colon with warm water, to remove encrusted fecal matter, gas and mucus. This allows vital nutrients to be absorbed more easily and leaves you feeling rejuvenated and healthier. Colonics can also help re-tone & reshape the colon. Colon hydrotherapy involves the safe, gentle infusion of water into the colon via the rectum. No chemicals or drugs are involved.
COST: First consult is 1 1/2 hours R600, thereafter 1 hour R500 OR book a set of 5 treatments for R2200
Reflexology is a therapeutic method of relieving pain by stimulating predefined pressure points on the feet and hands. Reflexology promotes healing by stimulating the nerves in the body and encouraging the flow of blood. This controlled pressure alleviates the source of the discomfort. In the absence of any particular malady or abnormality, reflexology may be as effective for promoting good health and for preventing illness as it may be for relieving symptoms of stress, injury, and illness.
Reflexologists work from maps of predefined pressure points that are located on the hands and feet. These pressure points are reputed to connect directly through the nervous system and affect the bodily organs and glands. The reflexologist manipulates the pressure points according to specific techniques of reflexology therapy. By means of this touching therapy, any part of the body that is the source of pain, illness, or potential debility can be strengthened through the application of pressure at the respective foot or hand location. Deborah incorporates her experience with sound therapy using the Tibetan singing bowls, colour therapy and crystal therapy.
COST: R300 for 1 hour
Massage therapy is the scientific manipulation of the soft tissues of the body for the purpose of normalizing those tissues and consists of manual techniques that include applying fixed or movable pressure, holding, and/or causing movement of or to the body. Generally, massage is known to affect the circulation of blood and the flow of blood and lymph, reduce muscular tension or flaccidity, affect the nervous system through stimulation or sedation, and enhance tissue healing. These effects provide a number of benefits:
- reduction of muscle tension and stiffness
- relief of stress and aide of relaxation
- improvement of the circulation of blood and movement of lymph
- enhancement in the health and nourishment of skin
- reduction in stress and an excellent stress management tool
Paula, brings four years of experience into her practice and offers a therapeutic massage blending Swedish massage with acupressure and connective tissue techniques together with sports massage, reflexology, lymphatic massage and cupping. She intentionally creates a massage that will suit your specific needs, all massages are “custom made” depending on her client’s requirements.
COST: 1 hour R450
Coconut oil pulling therapy, Lymphatic brushing, Rebounding, Creative drawing and art activities, creative writing and journal introspection, gardening, playing musical instruments and relaxation time.